Our Blessing to Our Baby:
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
A Letter to My Baby
(Written by Kayla and read and blessed by Pete)
I did not hold you, but I felt you, and I still feel you. You are your daddy's, and your mommy's; but you are forever our Father's. The only way my mind can wrap my head around not holding you in seven and a half months, is knowing you will never, ever, know pain, or sorrow, anxiety, depression, or fear...or anything that your sweet daddy and I are feeling now. You were given to the Lord before you were even conceived, and I find grace knowing you are with him now, before you took your first breath, while your breath was still my breath. Your daddy and I hold each other today, in honor of you. Our strength is in the strength of your Heavenly Father, knowing in our souls that he is carrying you perfectly, better than we ever could, even though we so desperately want to. I know more than anything else that we will hold you in our embrace when we truly begin our lives in Heaven, your home, our real home together, once the Lord calls your daddy and I there with you. Please tell Jesus that your mommy and daddy need him more than ever before, because we do not have words to speak right now. One thing that we will never be incapable of saying, though, is that we love you sweet baby! We love you, we love, we love you. You are not dead at all, you are alive and flourishing with Heavenly Father. In fact, you know life better than your daddy and I do. For life is in Heaven, not Earth. You get to live before any of us do. What a joy that is to our hearts. Thank you Jesus for truly bringing our baby home.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy



Kayla you are a gifted and beautiful writer and your emotions and love pour out of this sweet letter. What an example of faith amid trials you and Pete are to me. I love you sweet girl. My prayers are with you both.
ReplyDelete